Saturday 5 December 2009

S.W.O.T Analysis

Strengths

My biggest strength is my determination to complete the assignment to a high standard and my determination to learn how to use 3Ds Max. Another of my strengths is that I persevere to solve any of the problems I come across, and make sure I understand why the problem occurred, rather than just finding a quick solution. These strengths should hopefully mean that I complete the assignment to a high standard that I am pleased with.


Weaknesses

My biggest weakness is the fact that prior to taking this module I have not ever used the modelling software (Autodesk 3Ds MAX) before. It looks like a very complicated piece of software to master and I feel my lack of experience will no doubt mean an increase in the time it will take me to complete my assignment. Another of my weaknesses is my lack of artistic skill. I do not have the greatest ability when it comes to art and this will play a huge part in the assignment. This could mean that my finished models are not of the best quality.


Opportunities

This assignment gives me a huge opportunity to gain to expertise in software that is completely new to me. It is also a very important part of computer games design and so any experience gained will massively help me in the future.


Threats

The biggest threat to my project is the deadline time. It will take a while to learn everything I need to know in order to complete the assignment. I do not want to rush into completing the assignment before I feel my skills are good enough to complete it to a high standard, however the longer I wait and the more I practice means less time to complete the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment